We're exceeding EU standards across Europe
We go beyond legislation on hazardous materials
Our green purchasing policy goes beyond European Union legal requirements. We aim not only to ban chemical substances, but to control raw materials to ensure they comply with our policy to offer eco-friendly products.
We integrate chemical management within the whole lifecycle of our products - from the purchase of raw materials to disposal.
Our aim is to eliminate chemical substances harmful to the environment and human health when sustainable alternatives become available, and to control the other substances. To do this, we are focused on three programmes:
- developing standards governing operations
- controlling and checking identified substances used in our products through the application of internal guidelines used worldwide, and
- use of an additional and more detailed guideline with regard to the chemical substances subject to elimination in our products.
We're on track to comply through our global plan
We comply with European chemical legislation, especially the RoHS Directive and REACH regulation.
Both pieces of legislation define a framework for management of chemicals used in our products in Europe. Information is collected and managed in a database to ensure safety in all processes, from design and procurement to mass production.
Supplying Epson means engaging in our philosophy
To provide innovative products and services to our customers, we source the best raw materials from suppliers around the world. To stay true to our environmental philosophy, it is essential that our suppliers fully understand and support our corporate principles.
Our procurement policy
- We will build good partnerships with suppliers, based on mutual trust and the principles of fairness, coexistence and co-prosperity.
- Exercising high ethical standards and a social conscience, we will conduct our procurement activities in strict compliance with both the letter and spirit of laws and regulations, both national and international, in every region where we operate.
- While focusing on promoting green procurement, we will constantly strive to achieve reasonableness as well as stable quality, cost, and delivery.