ITS calculator terms and conditions
The comparison models in the TCO Calculator include the top 20 competitive A4 mono laser printers and MFPs, top 20 competitive colour laser printers and MFPs, and top competitive 20 inkjet printer and MFPs according to the IDC EMEA Hardcopy Tracker (Data Q4 2015). The average selling price of the printers and consumables in USD ($) was obtained from the IDC EMEA Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker (Data Q4 2015) and IDC EMEA Consumables Tracker (Data 2015). The cost per page was calculated from the consumable average selling price divided by the manufacturers’ published yield officially disclosed in publicly available information
The ‘Market Average’ is an overall average figure derived from the 20 comparison models listed in the TCO Calculator. All manufacturers‘ specifications and performance data was collated from publicly available information including but not limited to manufacturers’ own brochures and websites.
Please read the following terms and conditions before proceeding
Terms and Conditions Relating to the Epson Ink Tank System Calculator ("the ITS Calculator")
- The ITS Calculator indicates the total cost of ownership based on the initial purchase costs of hardware plus the on-going costs of ink or toner over a variable period. Please note that additional variable costs may influence the total cost of ownership, including but not limited to other consumables, servicing, power consumption and parts replacement.
- The ITS Calculator relates only to comparisons made with the specified Epson Ink Tank System printers and is not intended as a general product comparison tool for other Epson printers.
- Epson Ink Tank System printers are designed primarily for the business market and for higher-volume home users and therefore usages and figures in the ITS Calculator are in line with this anticipated usage.
- The ITS Calculator is not designed to replace information that may be provided by your dealer or in the detailed specifications that come with any product.
- The ITS Calculator is designed as a guide only. Although Epson have used reasonable endeavours to ensure the accuracy of the data on this site, no representations or warranties are made as to accuracy or currency of the data. Potential customers should take steps to verify the accuracy of important data which materially affects their business and should not seek to rely on the figures provided here.
- Usage of competitors' trademarked images or logos on this site is solely for the necessary purpose of fair comparison between the products. Any illustrations of competitors' products are purely for illustration purposes and are not intended to be accurate representations of current models.
- All manufacturers’ specifications and performance data was collated from publicly available information including but not limited to manufacturers' own brochures and websites.
- VAT and delivery charges are not included in the pricing calculations. Prices are subject to change due to market conditions.
- The competitor models included in the ITS Calculator are the top 20 best-selling models according to the IDC EMEA Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker (Data Q4 2015, Q1 2016). The criteria for selection was:
- Mono: Speed Range A4 = MFP Mono Laser 1-20 ppm, Printer Mono Laser 1-20 ppm.
- Colour: Speed Range A4 = MFP Colour Laser 1-10 ppm, Printer Colour Laser 1-10 ppm.
- Inkjet: Technology = Inkjet.
- The average selling price of the printers and consumables in USD ($) were obtained from the IDC EMEA Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker (Data Q4 2015, Q1 2016) and IDC EMEA Consumables Tracker (Data H2 2015). The average selling price was calculated by dividing the revenue by the units.
- The regions included in the comparison for the purposes of the above IDC Trackers are Central & Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa.
- The ‘Market Average’ is an overall average figure derived from the 20 competitor models listed in the ITS Calculator.
- Printing costs are based on use of the default settings being used on both the Epson Ink Tank System printers and competitors’ printers. This is consistent with the settings employed in ISO certification.
- All consumables yields and pricing data incorporated within the calculations for the ITS Calculator are based on the manufacturers’ own genuine ink or toner.
- For the purpose of fair comparison and accurate data reporting, the yield data was taken from the highest yield consumables available at the time of publication which has been determined according to ISO standards. The comparison excludes combo packs, multipacks and photo black cartridges used in photo inkjet printers. This data is publicly available.
- Epson and competitors’ bundled toner and ink yields are taken from the manufacturers’ published specifications. If the manufacturer does not publish the bundled yield then it is assumed to be the same yield as the standard capacity aftermarket cartridge.
- The colour cost per page (CPP) was calculated from the black, cyan, magenta and yellow consumables average selling price divided by the manufacturers’ published yields officially disclosed in publicly available information.
- The mono cost per page (CPP) was calculated from the black consumable average selling price divided by the manufacturers’ published yield officially disclosed in publicly available information.
- The cost savings stated represent the total cost savings for the specified print volume specified by the customer on the ITS Calculator and are based on the following calculation:-
- [Average colour CPP x colour print volume - minus bundled ink/ toner pages] plus [Average mono CPP x mono print volume - minus bundled ink/ toner pages] plus cost of hardware.
- To view the data used in the ITS Calculator see the below tables.
- The exchange rates are updated monthly on the 1st working day of each month based on the exchange rates publicly available at www.bloomberg.com/markets/currencies.