Laser quality black and color print speeds are determined in default, single-side mode in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734. Actual print times will vary based on system configurations, software version, and page complexity.
Test patterns used
A set of four pages are printed in various formats (Word®, Excel®, & Adobe® Reader) as defined by the ISO/IEC 24734 standard.
Terms and Measurements
- Office Category Test - Set of typical office documents used to measure print speeds.
- FSOT (First Set Out Time) - Time to complete printing of the entire document set in seconds.
- EFTP (Effective Throughput) - Average print speed for all document sets. This measurement is expressed in images per minute (IPM) or pages per minute (PPM).
- ESAT (Estimated Saturated Throughput) - Average print speed for all document sets excluding the first set. This measurement is expressed in images per minute (IPM) or pages per minute (PPM).
- 1 set test - Average print speed for one set of typical office documents.
- 1 set + 30 seconds test - Average print speeds for multiple set of documents (one set of typical documents plus 30 seconds).
- 1 set + 4 minutes test - Average print speed for multiple set of documents (one set of typical documents plus 4 minutes).
- Duplex and Simplex - Simplex refers to single-sided printing. Duplex refers to automatic, two-sided printing. Epson reports duplex speed for models with automatic, two-sided printing.
Testing Conditions and Equipment Used
For information on testing conditions and equipment used, see detailed product print speed reports found
on measuring print speeds.